Granola Bar Recipe
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup toasted buckwheat
- 3/4 cup toasted rolled oats
- 1 cup roughly chopped toasted almonds
- 1 Tbs raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbs dried blueberries (you can use any type of dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup honey (I used white pine infused honey)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (you can use other nut butter)
- Toast the almonds & rolled oats in a 200 degree oven for 7-10 minutes until they are lightly brown.
- If you are starting with raw buckwheat, toast it in a pan on medium heat, stirring until evenly browned. I let mine get pretty toasted, it really brings out a nutty flavor.
- Grind the dates in a food processor until it forms a ball.
- Heat honey and peanut butter over medium heat. Stir and let lightly simmer for 1 minute.
- Mix the first six ingredients together. You’ll probably have to knead it with your hands to get it fully incorporated.
- Pour hot honey/peanut butter mixture over and mix well.
- Press into a prepared pan (I coated mine in coconut oil but next time I will do that PLUS put a thick strip of wax paper across the pan to make the bars easier to remove) The size of pan is up to you. If you want them thin use a 12 x 8, if you want thicker bars use an 8 x 8.
- Allow to cool
- Remove from pan and cut into “bars” I cut mine into 24 square bars but feel free to make them as big as you want.
- Store in the freezer.