Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookie bars? Okay, I know those people exist but they aren’t my friends just kidding, but seriously, are they normal? We haven’t made chocolate chip cookies in way too long and what better way to bake them than the Sun Oven?
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat your Sun Oven to 350° and grease 2 – 8×8 pans.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared pans.
BAKE for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. If your Sun Oven isn’t staying up to temperature you can leave them in a little longer I think I kept mine in for about 30-35 minutes.
Have you been using your Sun Oven? I’d love to hear what you’re cooking so leave a comment!